Banner Health North Colorado Medical Center
Where world-class care happens every day.
Of the nearly 5,000 community hospitals in the United States, only a handful are known outside of the communities they serve—like Mayo Clinic, Cedars-Sinai, or Johns Hopkins. But when you take the time to track important patient outcomes across a wide range of procedures and conditions, other hospitals quickly rise to the top.
Like North Colorado Medical Center, recently named one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals™ for its “consistent, year-over-year superior clinical performance.” The award comes from Healthgrades, the leading online resource for comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals, and follows four consecutive years that NCMC appeared in the America’s 100 Best Hospitals™ list.
For Rick Sutton, CEO of Banner Health Northern Colorado, the honor means more than top-notch care for residents of northern Colorado and the surrounding area. It’s an acknowledgment that NCMC is helping to set the standard for healthcare nationwide. “If other U.S. hospitals performed at the level we achieved during Healthgrades’ evaluation period,” he explains, “more than 160,000 lives could potentially have been saved.”
It’s also proof of something Sutton has long known to be true:
Greeley is large enough to offer world-class care, but small enough to still feel like home.
Top Hospital Rankings – What do they mean?
Healthgrades America’s 50 Best Hospitals is based solely on clinical quality outcomes rewarding excellence over a multi-year period. This premier distinction provides a measure of confidence for consumers.
- America’s 50 Best Hospitals are the top 1% of hospitals in the nation for providing overall clinical excellence across a broad spectrum of conditions and procedures consistently for a minimum of seven consecutive years.
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals are the top 2% of hospitals in the nation for exhibiting clinical excellence for at least four consecutive years.
World-Class Health Care Greeley Offers High Quality Options
The health and well-being of Greeley is served by a medical community of physicians and caregivers in a wide scope of specialties. North Colorado Medical Center (NCMC), a fully-accredited, not-for-profit hospital, is licensed to operate 378 beds. NCMC offers highly specialized cancer treatments, comprehensive regional heart care programs, a Level Two trauma and emergency services center, and the Monfort Family Birth Center with a Level Two neo-natal intensive care unit. The hospital also provides medical air-transport and is one of only three burn units in the state. More rankings below.
Beyond NCMC’s first rate emergency services, there are several emergency care clinics in Greeley and long-term health care facilities. Greeley professionals also offer a number of alternatives for occupational health and well workplace resources.
NCMC has distinguished itself in many ways. Here are some of their most recent accreditations and awards:
- Healthgrades® – America’s 50 Best Hospitals™ 2015
- Healthgrades® – America’s 100 Best Hospitals™ 2012-2015
- The Joint Commission – the hospital a organization recognized NCMC as a 2013 Top Performer on Key Quality Measures
- Healthgrades® Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence™ 2008-2015
- NCMC earned Banner Health’s “Best of the Best” Hospital Award for outstanding quality and performance 2011/2013
- Accredited by the Joint Commission
- Better Business Bureau Torch Award for Business Ethics 2008
Western States Burn Center
- Greeley Fire Department (formerly UCFRA) Award to the Western States Burn Center for support of community and firefighter education
- Comprehensive Community Cancer Program designation by the American College of Surgeons
- Greeley Chamber of Commerce, Winners’ Circle Award
- Healthgrades® – Critical Care Excellence Award™ 2009-2015
- Beacon Award for Critical Care Excellence – ICU, 2010, 2011
- Beacon Award for Critical Care Excellence – CVCU, 2011
- North Colorado Med Evac, air medical transport, is accredited through CAMTS since 1996
- Spirit Health Group, HeartCaring, and the Larry King Cardiac Foundation “Heart of the Community Award” for the Heart Safe City (AED) project
- American Heart Association “Get with the Guidelines” recognition for Heart Failure and Coronary Arterial Disease
- Cardiac Alert Healthcare Hero Award and Banner Health Vision Award
- Ranked top 1% in the United States for Heart Attack Care based on Medicare Core Measures
- Echocardiography Department accreditation from the Inter-societal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories
- Cardiac Rehabilitation certified with American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Center of Excellence for Minimally Invasive Surgery by the American Institute of Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Respiratory Care Department wins Best Department Annual Achievement Award, ADVANCE for Managers of Respiratory Care
- Care science Select Practice National Quality Leaders in the category of Heart Failure, Ischemic Stroke, and Pneumonia
- 415 volunteers dedicated 66,400 hours in 2014