Eleven communities from across Colorado have been selected by the Colorado Lottery to receive Starburst Awards, and one of those awards is going to Greeley for its Aven’s Village All-Inclusive Playground.
Starburst Awards were created to recognize excellence in the use of Lottery funds for community and conservation projects. The Lottery chooses winners based on creativity, economic and social impacts on communities, and whether or not the projects achieved their goals.
If you have any kids in your life and you haven’t visited Aven’s Village yet, put it on your to-do list this summer for some playtime at an award-winning playground!
Below is a full list of 2017 Starburst Award winners. These 11 project utilized more than $22.9 million in Lottery funds through Great Outdoors Colorado, The Conservation Trust Fund, Colorado Parks and Wildlife, and Building Excellent Schools Today (BEST).
- Cañon City Area Recreation and Park District, Rouse Park Pickleball Courts
- City of Brush!, Pioneer Skate Park
- City of Englewood, River Run Trailhead
- City of Fruita, Lower Little Salt Wash Trail
- City of Greeley, Aven’s Village Playground
- City of Lamar, Lamar Sports Complex
- City of Salida, Citywide Playground Replacement
- City of Woodland Park, Redevelopment of Memorial Park
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife, Schools and Outdoor Learning Environments (SOLE) statewide program
- Town of Limon, Limon Public School
- Town of Lyons, LaVern M. Johnson Park